Today, I am excited to share a fantastic podcast episode that I had the privilege of being a guest on.
Mick Hawes, a great mate of mine, and I had an enlightening conversation on the Toolshed Podcast, where we demystified investing and shared valuable insights and strategies for financial success. Here’s some of the topics we covered:
- Debunking Myths and Embracing a Long-Term Approach: Mick and I delve into some common misconceptions about investing, highlighting the need to adopt a long-term perspective and a disciplined approach. We discuss the perils of gambling on speculative stocks and the value of focusing on fundamental analysis to identify sound investment opportunities.
- The Three Foundational Pillars of Investing: I unveil the three crucial pillars that form the backbone of my investment approach. We explore macroanalysis, which involves understanding the broader picture of the world and its trajectory. We delve into fundamental analysis, where we evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, and valuation of companies. Lastly, we touch on technical analysis, which entails timing the buying and selling of investments based on market movements.
- Financial Stability and Community Support: We emphasize the significance of financial stability and the importance of resolving high-interest debts before venturing into the investment world. Additionally, we highlight the value of being part of a supportive community of like-minded individuals who can provide guidance, share experiences, and inspire confidence.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced investor, this episode offers a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.
I encourage you to listen to the full podcast episode to discover the secrets to becoming a successful investor, achieve financial freedom, and join a supportive community of like-minded individuals.
Remember, investing is not an overnight solution, but a disciplined and long-term endeavor. Together, let’s master the art of investing and create a brighter financial future for ourselves.
Topics Discussed In This Episode…
- Why it’s important to understand the fundamentals of listed businesses
- The difference between trading and investing and how to know what’s best suited to you
- How to incorporate Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) into an investment portfolio
- The significance of profit and loss percentages over numbers
- Common investment mistakes to avoid
- Strategies to de-risk your financial life
- The Importance of staying informed about macroeconomic developments
- “Crashes and economic recessions do not happen overnight. It takes time to build in the background, and there’s a lot of data that actually shows you when things are breaking, and when you see those data points breaking, then they’re the times that you should actually pull back.” -Terry Tran
- “If you’re making 15, 20 percent [returns] here, which is already a very good return per annum, but you’re paying 20% [interest] over there, it’s just a silly idea. You’re actually better off eradicating the high-interest debt first.” -Terry Tran
- “I didn’t become four times smarter overnight… All we did was create a different environment that was focused on group or community, and it made a profound difference.” -Mick Hawes